As a personal goal this year to help me get myself (butt/thighs) in shape, I’d decided to participate in this year’s Danskin Triathlon.
On Saturday, April 18th. I attended a triathlon clinic being held in our area for women who were interested in competing in this year’s triathlon. It had info regarding prepping for the race, setting up gear, transitions, etc.
All pumped up from the clinic, I arrived home and signed onto the site to register for the race… I was so bummed to learn that registrations had closed the previous day! 🙁 Apparently, they only had limited openings and had sold out the day before I needed to register. So disappointing…
Today, there is a sliver of hope. I called the organizer and they said I could be placed on a waiting list. So, I immediately typed and sent off an email to be placed on the list and fingers are crossed that someone won’t be able to compete and I can take their place.
So I will continue to push on with my training.
I am reminded of a post I read yesterday from Tim Ferriss where the lesson was: “What’s The Worst That Will Happen?”
For me, the worst things will happen:
- I won’t get a call to be able to compete
- I’ll have still had to continue to push myself to be ready, just in case…
- When I’m done, I’ll be in the best shape I’ve been in since I was a teenager
- I’ll feel healthier
- I’ll have increased my stamina so that I can run 5 miles
- I’ll be proud to have stuck with it and still accomplished the goal of getting back in shape (Although those 3 Keebler Chocolate Chunk Cookies I ate this morning did nothing to help move me forward towards that goal… *sigh*)
- My husband will be happy with my new bod! 😉
As I continue on this personal journey, I’ll write about my successes (and fallbacks) here.
What are your personal goals for this year? What is holding you back? Remember… What’s the worst that can happen?…